- RSS Channel Showcase 6293085
- RSS Channel Showcase 1026793
- RSS Channel Showcase 2117982
- RSS Channel Showcase 2201248
Articles on this Page
- 12/09/14--05:37: _What Happens When Y...
- 12/09/14--10:00: _Manufacturers Had a...
- 05/07/15--08:47: _Reshoring: Manufact...
- 07/20/15--09:55: _WalMart Helped Push...
- 07/20/15--11:57: _Walmart’s Self-Inte...
- 07/23/15--08:22: _Success Of Nation’s...
- 08/11/15--06:42: _Is Made In America ...
- 08/26/15--07:49: _Walmart Partners wi...
- 09/08/15--11:22: _Consumer Reports: M...
- 10/01/15--10:23: _The Case for Reshor...
- 10/23/15--07:31: _RIP Manufacturing R...
- 04/04/16--11:24: _Reshoring Data Reve...
- 11/16/16--06:18: _Counterfeit on Amazon
- 11/18/16--05:29: _An iPhone made in t...
- 11/18/16--06:22: _Ford NOT moving Lin...
- 01/23/17--09:13: _Trump tells manufac...
- 11/28/17--06:10: _Auto Chiefs Concern...
- 12/09/17--10:09: _Adam Reiser: Trump ...
- 01/02/18--10:44: _USDA’s School Lunch...
- 02/15/18--07:25: _`Made in the U.S.A....
- 12/09/14--05:37: What Happens When You Decide to Leave China?
- 12/09/14--10:00: Manufacturers Had a Good Year and Expect 2015 to Be Better
- 05/07/15--08:47: Reshoring: Manufacturing Jobs Returning to America
- 07/20/15--09:55: WalMart Helped Push Manufacturing Overseas
- 07/20/15--11:57: Walmart’s Self-Interested Shot at Reviving The American Factory
- 07/23/15--08:22: Success Of Nation’s Manufacturing Depends On U.S. Supply Chain
- 08/11/15--06:42: Is Made In America More Than Just Hype?
- 08/26/15--07:49: Walmart Partners with Reshoring Initiative as Made in USA Gets Real
- 09/08/15--11:22: Consumer Reports: Made in America?
- 10/01/15--10:23: The Case for Reshoring: Bring Quality Manufacturing Jobs to USA
- 10/23/15--07:31: RIP Manufacturing Renaissance (and Reshoring) Claims
- 04/04/16--11:24: Reshoring Data Reveals Progress, Problems for Reclaiming Jobs
- 11/16/16--06:18: Counterfeit on Amazon
- 11/18/16--05:29: An iPhone made in the US? Apple is considering it….
- 11/18/16--06:22: Ford NOT moving Lincoln SUV to Mexico
- 11/28/17--06:10: Auto Chiefs Concerned with NAFTA Stance
- 02/15/18--07:25: `Made in the U.S.A.’ Turbines Cloud U.S. Offshore Wind
Reshoring is the hottest trend in U.S. manufacturing. According to a recent study by Boston Consulting Group, 54 percent of all United States companies over $1 billion in revenues are planning or considering bringing at least some of their manufacturing back to the U.S. But just how attractive is it to […]
msmadeinusaWhat Happens When You Decide to Leave China?
Recent data show relative strength in demand and output in the manufacturing sector, with activity levels reflecting improvements since earlier in the year. In particular, the latest Institute for Supply Management’s purchasing managers’ index has reflected robust growth in new orders and production since the summer, and employment and pricing […]
msmadeinusaManufacturers Had a Good Year and Expect 2015 to Be BetterNote: Percentage of respondents who characterized the current business outlook as somewhat or very positive. Note: Expected growth rates are annual averages. Note: Industrial production is predicted two quarters in advance by regressing NAM/IndustryWeek Survey of Manufacturers data as one of the independent variables, with data stretching back to Q4:1997. Other explanatory variables include current values for housing permits, the interest rate spread, personal consumption and the S&P 500. Note: Respondents were able to check more than one response. Therefore, responses exceed 100 percent.Note: Respondents were able to check more than one response. Therefore, responses exceed 100 percent.Note: Respondents were able to check more than one response. Therefore, responses exceed 100 percent.
Made in the U.S.A. is hot again, and the number of manufacturing jobs that are returning to the U.S. — or coming to the U.S. for the first time — from overseas has hit a record level. Sixty thousand manufacturing jobs were added in the U.S. in 2014, versus 12,000 in 2003, either through so-called […]
msmadeinusaReshoring: Manufacturing Jobs Returning to AmericaReshoring - Record number of manufacturing jobs returning to AmericaReshoring: Manufacturing Jobs Returning to AmericaReshoring: Manufacturing Jobs Returning to America
Now it wants to reverse that. The company is two years into a 10-year plan to buy $250b more in products from American factories. Bentonville, Arkansas: The group cheer at Wal-Mart’s third annual US manufacturing summit — convened to find more American-made products — was greeted with a voice from another era. “Almost anything can be […]
msmadeinusaWalmart Made in china, Not Made in USA
Buying more Made-in-the-USA goods helps burnish its image — but domestic manufacturing helps Wal-Mart’s bottom line, too. BENTONVILLE, Ark. — The group cheer at Wal-Mart’s third annual U.S. manufacturing summit — convened to find more American-made products — was greeted with a voice from another era. “Almost anything can be made by Americans, in this […]
msmadeinusaWalmart’s Self-Interested Shot at Reviving The American FactoryWalmart’s Self-Interested Shot at Reviving The American FactoryWalmart’s Self-Interested Shot at Reviving The American FactoryWalmart’s self-interested shot at reviving the American factory
In a thought-provoking post on the official blog for the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), author Mark Schmidt talks about the importance of U.S. supply chains on the nation’s global competitiveness in the manufacturing sector. “The future success of any manufacturing company relies upon its ability to deliver the […]
msmadeinusaSuccess Of Nation’s Manufacturing Depends On U.S. Supply Chain
As the media tells it, American-made goods are having a “moment.” But the numbers tell a different story. The Seattle-based brand Filson has been manufacturing the majority of its rugged dopp kits and hunting jackets in the U.S. for 118 years. Along with its original Seattle factory, Filson opened a second factory in the city […]
msmadeinusaIS 'MADE IN AMERICA' MORE THAN JUST HYPE. Made in USA Jeans, Made in USA shoes
The Reshoring Initiative is partnering with Walmart to help retailers and suppliers manufacture more of their consumer products in the US.Walmart has committed to increase its purchases of US-made goods by $50 billion annually by January 2023. The Reshoring Initiative is a nonprofit group that promotes reshoring efforts in the US and globally. In 2013, […]
msmadeinusaWalmart Partners with Reshoring Initiative as Made in USA Gets Real
Almost eight in 10 American consumers say they would rather buy an American-made product than an imported one, according to a recent survey conducted by Consumer Reports. And more than 60 percent say they’re even willing to pay 10 percent more for it. But in our increasingly complex global economy, how much meaning does a […]
msmadeinusaConsumer Reports: Made in America?
Good news for U.S. manufacturers: stateside production and employment opportunities are on the rise. According to an article in the July issue of Consumer Reports, U.S. manufacturing has increased 45 percent under President Obama’s administration. Along with the output growth—measured between February 2010 and May 2014, the last date that records are available—a total of […]
msmadeinusaThe Case for Reshoring: Bring Quality Manufacturing Jobs To USAThe Case for Reshoring: Bring Quality Manufacturing Jobs To USAThe Case for Reshoring: Bring Quality Manufacturing Jobs To USA
Because manufacturers (and others) don’t always do what they say, surveys of their intentions on hiring and investment and the like should always be taken with a big boulder of salt – the more so since the questions are often asked and the answers given in a political and policy context. So when one of […]
msmadeinusaRIP Manufacturing Renaissance (and Reshoring) Claims
harry Moser established the Reshoring Initiative to help manufacturers recognize the profit potential of embracing local sourcing and production.
Amazon.com (AMZN) is finally taking counterfeiters to court. The e-commerce giant for the first time has filed lawsuits against counterfeit sellers, after a number of businesses on Amazon voiced concern that knockoffs were killing their sales and endangering consumers. On Monday, Amazon filed suit against a group of sellers for infringing on athletic training equipment […]
Trump administration would "get Apple to build their damn computers and things in this country instead of in other countries."
usacertifiediphone-mfgMade in USA Certified Seal
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said Ford Motor Co-Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr told him the automaker would not move a Kentucky plant to Mexico, but the firm said it informed him the decision was to keep one vehicle in U.S. production.
usacertifiedreuterslincoln-suvMade in USA Certified Seal
Reuters By Roberta Rampton WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump met with a dozen American manufacturers at the White House on Monday, pledging to slash regulations and cut corporate taxes, but warning them he would impose taxes on imports if they move production outside the country. Trump, who took office on Friday, promised to […]
Top executives from Detroit automakers met Monday with Vice President Mike Pence and other administration officials and aired their concerns about changes the Trump administration is seeking to the North American Free Trade Agreement.
Nearly eight months after President Donald J. Trump signed his executive order “Buy American and Hire American,” an expert on certifying whether goods are made in the United States shared with Big League Politics the challenges in certification and enforcing Trump’s intentions.
Manufacturers/vendors that sell to the US government, but also farmers that supply produce to school districts, government facilities, and more. More specifically, the USDA's School Lunch program must now comply with the recently signed EO by discontinuing waivers and preferring procurement from US Farmers.
usacertifiedBuy American Act Certified
States in the Northeast are betting they can create their own windmill industry however, it will be costly but perhaps necessary as Trump pushes for more factory jobs and picks fights with those making parts abroad.